We thought it would be a quiet week as everyone waits for Apple’s September 10 event, but Victor’s going to regret being away for this one, as AppleInsider writer William Gallagher and editor Mike Wuerthele discuss:
- More games are going to be cut off than ever before in Apple history.
- The move to a 64-bit macOS Catalina is going to strand an untold number of games and some will be lost forever.
- Use our guide to finding out what 32-bit apps, including Steam games, you still have on your Mac. And check it out right now.
- How Apple likes to produce its events and what that means for the devices we’ll see next week
- Mike calls the odds on the one other device that could make it next week, the rumored update to Apple TV
- Give us a break, we haven’t had the 2019 iPhones yet, and here are new rumors for a mid-cycle “iPhone SE 2” between those and the 2020 releases
- Samsung has finally released the Galaxy Fold, just not so you’d notice —and perhaps never will
- Signify, nee Phillips Lighting, has brought out more Hue bulbs, plus new smart plugs which may be in time to save William yanking out what remains of his hair after HomeKit woes
- Developers have been telling AppleInsider how and why Apple’s Catalyst is simply not ready for prime time
Our thanks this week to our episode sponsor, Capterra. Check out over 950,000 software reviews to help you make the right business decision, by visiting capterra.com/appleinsider. If you’re interested in sponsoring the AppleInsider podcast, email our team for details on [email protected]
Also, you’ve listened to the podcast, you know Apple, and you know AppleInsider. Could you be just the type of journalist we’re looking for? We’re growing, check out who we need for the team.
We like reader email too —send us your comments and concerns!.
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for “AppleInsider.” Click here to listen, subscribe, and don’t forget to rate our show.